Organic Spices & Grains
Turmeric is a popular yellow coloured spice that is used for adding flavour and colour to food. Member of the ginger family, turmeric is extensively used in almost all Asian cuisines. But the value of this spice is best rendered when it is prepared from turmeric that is grown organically. This is exactly why Sun Impex offers the best of organic turmeric, brought directly from farms of Myanmar.
We offer organic turmeric that is free from any chemicals or toxins used while cultivating or harvesting. It is simply pure, organically grown and completely natural, thus having all the active health benefiting elements in it. This ensures that the potency and vitality of food is preserved and the consumers get the best value out of food they eat. By maintaining proper checks and stringent quality tests, it is guaranteed that you get best of organic turmeric using eco-friendly ways to:-
Monitor soil fertility
- Reducing soil tillage to increase soil organic carbon which results in less carbon being lost to the atmosphere.
- Control soil erosion by application of animal manure, seed meal and natural mineral powder that provide essential phosphate and potassium to soil.
- Implementing crop rotation like cultivation of nitrogen-fixing forage and crops to rejuvenate soil’s lost fertility.
- Use of improved organic cultivars to bring-up the yield.
Pest and weed management
- Selecting right cultivar and timely planting of the seeds.
- Planting turmeric in tight rows to stop weeds from growing.
- Using mulching technique to eliminate weed formation.
- Using insect traps as a natural method to stop their infestation.
- Introduction of pest repellent plants in organic turmeric farms.
Harvesting & Storing
- Proper technologies are used for storing and treating turmeric rhizomes.
- Healthy organic seeds are selected from the harvest for next planting season.
- Proper cleaning and selection ensure best produce goes forward.
Organic Turmeric Details Download Organic Brochure
Organic TURMERIC Details
|Common Name||Turmeric Fingers||Family||Zingiberaceae|
|Botanical Name||Curcuma longa. L||Origin||Myanmar|
|Variety||Turmeric-A, Turmeric-B, Turmeric-E, Turmeric-F, Turmeric-G, Turmeric Mother|
|Parameter||Description / Limit Value||Method of Determination|
|General Description||Reddish Yellow finger, typical turmeric flavor. Known for its rich aroma and colour.||Visual|
|Analytical / Active Ingredient|
|Moisture||Maximum – 11%||ISO Standard / Visual|
|Maximum Allowance of mixtures|
|Foreign Matter||Not More Than - 2%||ISO Standard / Visual|
|Live / Dead Inspects||Not More Than - 0.5%||ISO Standard / Visual|
|Animal Excreta||Not More Than - 0.5%||ISO Standard / Visual|
|Standard Plate Count||100,000 UFC/g||Conforms ISO 4833 (1991)|
|Yeasts and Moulds||20,000 UFC/g||Conforms ISO 7954 (1987)|
|Salmonella||Negative in 25g||Conforms ISO 6578/6579|
Ask For Organic Turmeric